Keeping your data safe is super important to me. I do my best not only to share minimal data with the services I use to keep Affilimate running, but also to collect as little data as possible. It's annoying to run around the internet and be haunted by ads — I do my best to give you loads of choice about what is or isn't tracked, how cookies are placed, and so forth.
You can change your privacy preferences at any point by using a link in the footer.
- What data is collected and how I collect, use, and store it
- What are your data protection rights?
- All about cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact me
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data is collected and how I collect, use, and store it
I collect the following data from you:
- Personal identification information (Name and email address)
- Payment information (collected and handled exclusively by Stripe payment service provider)
No personally identifiable information is collected from the visitors to your website, where you have installed the Affilimate tracking script.
How do I collect your data?
You provide this data directly, specifically when you:
- Provide your name and a link to your website in an email form
- Register and create an account
- Subscribe as a paying user of the Affilimate web application
At present, I do not receive data indirectly about you from other sources.
How will I use your data?
I try to be judicious and respectful whenever using your data. Here are the ways it can be used:
- Process your subscription.
- Create and administer your account.
- Email you product updates or service notifications
If you agree, your data will also be shared with the third-party tools that Affilimate is built on:
- Stripe: Stripe processes your payments and handles your subscription, and knows your email address. I am not able to access your credit card information, nor do I store it in any way.
- Google Cloud Platform: Google Cloud Platform is a cloud computing service. This is where your athentication information is securely encrypted and stored.
- Airtable: I use Airtable as a customer relationship management (CRM) tool. Results of customer interviews and survey responses are also stored here. Your email address may be stored here, so I can remember the results of your surveys and interview responses.
- SendGrid: I use SendGrid for both transactional ("hey, you have a broken link!") emails as well as marketing emails ("check out our new feature!"). SendGrid holds your email address and is also the place where you can unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- Google Analytics: I use Google Analytics to understand and analyze website traffic and user behavior on the site. On the website, by default, IP anonymization is turned on and advertising features are turned off. When you opt-in to cookies, I reverse both of those settings. Inside the web application, by default, you must accept our terms and conditions which require tracked IPs and user behavior tracking. However you can turn both of those settings off in your profile. I use that data to understand what features you use and to get more accurate reports :)
- Google Forms: If you fill out a survey hosted on Google Forms, your email address and possibly your name will be stored alongside that form.
How do I store your data?
Your data is stored securely on Google Cloud Platform, and is hosted in the United States.
If you submit one of the lead forms on this website, I'll keep your email for one year. If you don't end up becoming a subscriber, once this time period has expired, I'll delete your email address. You can always unsubscribe from any email you receive from me using the "Unsubscribe" link provided in the email.
If you subscribe to get updates from the Affilimate blog, I'll check in with you on an annual basis to make sure you still want to stay subscribed. If you don't opt-in, I'll delete your email address in the same manner that is described above.
We do not sell your email address or send you gobs of email. We will let you know about new product developments such as new features, special offers, or just generally good news.
We may email you with useful information about one of our partners, but we do not share your email address with them directly.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date, either using the "Unsubscribe" option inside the email itself. Or, you can manage your email preferences inside the Affilimate app in the Settings screen under the "Notifications" tab.
You have the right at any time to stop me from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll remove you from any mailing list you may be a part of.
What are your data protection rights?
I would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request I complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that I Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to my processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me via email: email@example.com.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in to Affilimate
- Understanding how you use the websites
- Determining whether you signed up after seeing a paid advertisement
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses. The usage of cookies differs between the marketing website (which you're on right now) and the Affilimate web application (which you need to sign in to). Both cookie usages will be described below.
- Functionality – Affilimate.io uses these cookies to recognize you are on the website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- User experience and analytics – These cookies collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the features you used, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
- Marketing - If you opted-in to cookies on this website, some limited aspects of this data may be shared with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners (for example, if we are running an ad campaign and we need to track that you indeed arrived at affilimate.io through that campaign). This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. You may, however, opt-out from that using the cookie bar.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. Our marketing website will work fine without cookies enabled, but you need to enable cookies in order to log in to the Affilimate web app.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that I have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. Of course it would be nice if you let me know first so I can fix it (!!), but otherwise, you would need to contact the Berlin Data Protection Authority located at Friedrichstrasse 219 in Berlin, Germany.